Friday, December 9, 2011

Darwin's Dilema

For one of our labs we watched a movie about Charles Darwin's struggle with Precambrian period fossil records. The Burgess shale, located in Canada, is an archaeologist, and paleontologist's  playground. The layers in the shale demonstrate species evolution from all the way back to the Cambrian period.


Darwin's struggle is that, before the Cambrian period, there are no longer fossil records of life. The movie suggests that all life came to be in a matter of about two minutes. This, to me, seems to help further prove the fact that there is an intelligent creator although Evolution may have occurred and still be occurring.


This movie gave me evidence towards my beliefs. I respect Charles Darwin for his many contributions to the scientific community but at the same time I disagree with his view on the beginning (or creation) of life. His dilema in this movie only further proves my case. If he were alive today, It would have been interesting to talk to him to see his views.

No comments:

Post a Comment